Thursday, February 4, 2016

When Surprise Comes


The story goes back to the day when I ate the whole  bar of parmesan cheese. Yes, I did. 

I didn't know people don't eat parmesan cheese like that so I ate it (The first time I had cheese was when I was 14 and I thought it was sweet so I spit it out when I realized it wasn't sweet!!). I told Jonathan I ate the cheese and felt nauseous. He instantly asked "Are you pregnant?" I replied "Impossible". 




Why impossible? 

Because I had planned to take the teacher exams and I had been studying so hard I used every possible minute to study so getting pregnant wasn't really part of the plan. Besides, I know my body, I just didn't think it was possible. 

So the next day, while Nathan was taking a nap, I took a pregnancy test just to be sure. There was only one line, meaning I wasn't pregnant. "That's what I thought. How can I be pregnant?" I thought. 

However, when I went back to the bathroom a couple of hours later, I took a look at the pregnancy test again. It was like the picture below:

A very faint second line appeared!!!I kept saying to  myself: "Oh my goodness! What does this mean? Am I pregnant or not?" I took another test  a few days later, and it was like this:

The lines were so obvious. "I guess I AM pregnant?!?!" This was the day I found out I passed the first stage of a municipal high school test. 

I wasn't too sure so I took another pregnancy test three days later, the line just got very dark. I thought "Oh my God, I am really pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!" 

It's hard to believe it. 


And then we found this little one. :)

I decided to tell Jonathan by letting him find out. You can see how surprised he was:


we were very very happy to know that this little came to our life. That just means my plan has to change a little bit. And I'm very willing to make that change. The rest is history- serious morning sickness and discomforts came.


We're very lucky to have both of our children when I wanted to. We didn't even have to wait and both pregnancies were very smooth despite the morning sickness and discomforts. My close friends and coworkers weren't this fortunate because many of them went through miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy and thus needed medical help to get pregnant. One of my close friend is still trying after all these years, and one just lost  her baby at ten weeks. We are just very thankful that it's very easy for us to get pregnant. :)





1 comment:

  1. What a great, surprising, and wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing this with us honey, we had no idea! By the way, in answer to your question about Grandma and Papa not being able to view the video in this post, neither can we. We get a message that it is private, and another message saying must sign in. Since I am already signed on to the blog, and I believe Gram and Papa are too - the way I set it up for them - I'm not sure what the problem is. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete