Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Lunar New Year!

I used to get super excited during the Lunar New Year. We didn't get to eat lots of meat, fish, or good delicious food because my family didn't have that kind of money. However, for lunar new year, my parents would buy chicken, pork, fish, beef, fruit, soda and all kinds of festive snacks. We got to play firecrackers, get hong bao (red envelope) and just be with family watching adults doing all kinds of activities.

My father's dumplings were the best in the world. He would put coins in them, and people eat dumplings with coins in them would have good luck and money all year. It was so much fun!

 Last year, I was still pregnant. This year, baby bear celebrated with us!







Onh Lai (pineapple) means the coming of good luck.

Baby Bear getting Hong Bao on the first day of the year!
Reunited with my aunt in China in 2012:

Blog Entry: Reunion in China




No comments:

Post a Comment